A lot has been going on around these parts, friends. I figured I'd write a little post about all the little (and not so little) things that are filling up my days. I'd prefer to do it in pictures, but I lost my camera for a couple of weeks, so I don't really have any for you. Bummer. I know. Instead I'll post this picture of a photo strip of Karl and I. It's Hunger Games themed cause we're cool like that.
1. Karl and I painted our bedroom. It's navy blue and rich and gorgeous and we never want to leave. There are still a couple of finishing touches to do, but I'll post pictures in a couple of days anyways.
2. Karl started school at the University of Utah again. He's going to kill it. My last class at SLCC starts in two weeks, then I'm done with math foreverrrr!!!
3. I passed all my finals and ended up with a 4.0 for the semester. That, my friends, is a complete miracle.
4. I interviewed for the same company at 3 different branches and I was turned down for all of them, except one that hadn't gotten back to me. I assumed I didn't get the job, but they called two days ago and told me I got it! It's full time, which is scary, but I think I'll survive. My biggest fear is that I'll lose any sense of creativity I have and become a drone like when I worked at Chase. There are a lot of scary things about entering the workforce again, but I know it'll be worth it.
5. My parents are currently visiting from MA. It's been fun! We took them for Mother's Day brunch at the Grand America hotel. If you haven't been, do it. It's really incredible. We also took them shooting for the first time ever. They are naturals!
6. I've been making an effort to draw or paint at least once a day. I'm trying to harness my creativity and I think I'm getting better!
7. Last Friday I had a Treat Yo Self (see videos below) day with my BFF Dixie. We got facials, manicures, and pedicures. We also went out to lunch after. It's amazing what a girl's day can do for you!
8. I took a giant leap of faith and went to an event that I was totally scared to go to. I know I'm being ambiguous, but I'm proud of the steps I'm taking. I'm changing my life one day at a time!
9. I've been working out with my trainer 3 times a week. She kicks my butt and sometimes I want to punch her, but I think there's something wrong if you don't want to occasionally punch your trainer.
10. Karl and I finished all 13 seasons of Law and Order SVU. That may seem insane, and it was, but it was awesome. Jargon from the show has permeated our everyday language. Things like "Captain, that son-of-a-bitch raped Vicky," "I AM A GOOD MOTHA!" and "Spoken like a truuueee racist" have become our favorite phrases. Also, sometimes I pretend I'm dead when Karl gets home from work and he says something pithy like, "Oh no! The police will think I killed her, so I better put her behind the dumpster at the gym so they think it was a random act of violence!" Obviously we're awesome. Haha.
11. We have moved on and are now reading Ender's Game together. Karl has never read it! On a side note, I had a dream last night that I was a Commander and Baby Spice and Sporty Spice were in my unit of Launchies. Ya. Talk about Girl Power! Hahah.
Anyways, that's life. I found my camera, so I'll take some pictures this weekend! What has life looked like for you guys? Anything exciting going on? Did you get any of my SVU references? Haha.